Monday, May 9, 2011

Ok lets Talk first aid.

The basics of your first aid kit will depend on a few factors,is it a home kit or pack kit and how many are in your group.

The Sarge's order is to "Keep it Simple" we're not trying to outfit a M.A.S.H. unit.

 
The basic Home Kit as pictured here will meet any minor injury ( cost is about 10.00). You can tweak it with any thing else you may need according to any specific medical conditions ( like epi pens for allergic reactions, poison ivy cream, etc.) 




 The Pack Kit has most of the same items just fewer of them. you can find them ready to go( like pictured here) or make your own to suit the size of your group.  Just remember a PACK Kit will be all you have during a fluid situation( NO YOU CHUCK WAGON, IT DOES'NT  MEAN YOUR WET!) a fluid situation means your on the move.






The Sarge is an avid outdoors nut  so I've tried a number of kits and I've learned most of my injuries required nothing more than a cleaning and covering. I've treated several nasty serrations with nothing more than a cleaning, gauze and duct tape!( not necessarily recommended).

Our body will heal itself just fine if we keep the wound clean and covered. There may come a time when you or someone in your group suffers more severe trauma, The Sarge won't be there to hold your hand or wipe your nose, so" YOU" are responsible to educate yourselves on trauma care!

Look on our FB site for more on this subject, "Self Reliance Network"


There are hundreds of sites on the web that you can access, I suggest you do so ASAP!

The Sarge is on duty, more to follow

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking around for a good 1st aid kit for a while. I need to stop looking and just buy one! We have the $10 one but I think we need more. And yes, I've made many duct tape bandages in my life!

    ReplyDelete