Sunday, May 8, 2011

Get a Grip

So I hear all kinds talk from folks about the times we live in. The problem is few have taken the initiative to prepare themselves for these times. I was going to list some of the excuses(sorry, I mean reasons) why they have yet to prepare, but the bottom line is THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!! 

Seriously it cost nothing and takes very little time to at least write down a plan of action and a small list of essentials in case of emergency right? So for you procrastinators  let's review current events:

  • The triple disaster in Japan, 
  • The tornado outbreak and floods in the U.S.,
  • Unrest in the middle east,
  • I think is the biggest disaster waiting to fall on us is the emanate collapse of the dollar from the reserve currency. 

The Federal Reserve keeps printing money (quanative easing) like there's no tomorrow. As more is printed the less the dollar is worth, and of course the more things cost. I'm no expert but I think that's what they call inflation! I call it just plain wrong... So do we have a grip on reality? I would hope we could agree there is real need to prepare ourselves for an emergency. 

So let's get to the basics, first a plan. The Sarge recommends a 72 hour basic first aid kit water, food, flashlight, radio and personal defense. Let me emphasize this is just a starting point, many other factors need to be considered depending on group size, group ages, medical conditions, emergency or military training and so on. 

For those who think the government will be there to take care of you, consider Katrina! it took 5 days to get first responders in... many people waited weeks to get aid. don't wait ACT NOW!   

The Sarge is on duty! 
More to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment